An Open Letter to the Parliamentary Labor Party
I will cheerfully admit that I have been a long term Labor man…the concept of greatest good for the greatest amount of people and your focus on socially responsible policies has always resonated with me. Being the only party concerned with long term vision and projects instead of governing for the next election has been a refreshing change from the Howard years of middle class welfare and pork barrelling.
After the events of last night however, my disillusionment is total and you will never receive my vote again. That fact that you could even consider promoting to leader the one individual that has been continually undermining your every effort to govern through this Parliament is just baffling and to my eyes unforgivable.
Despite whatever spurious justification you may get out of polling hypotheticals, you have effectively consigned the ALP to at least 2 terms in Opposition and possibly facing a Queensland-style wipeout, unless of course Abbott is as useless as I suspect and you might scrape in after 3 years. By then the damage will have been done and you will have allowed the legacy of the fine work that has been achieved in this hung Parliament to be destroyed…all to satisfy one person’s need for revenge and others’ needs to keep their job.
If you think that the media and Opposition don’t have a raft of anti-Rudd advertising ready to roll you are kidding yourself, especially when you have handed them the “untrustworthy Rudd” angle with him breaking his word on challenging.
You have sacrificed a thoroughly capable and dynamic leader and replaced her with a proved liar and betrayer, who will stop at nothing to achieve what he sees as rightfully his…the position of Prime Minister. In effect he is the ALP version of Abbott.
I briefly considered becoming a member of the ALP to show my support for PM Gillard but that will never happen now.
I will never vote for the ALP while the likes of Rudd, Shorten and Fitzgibbon are involved…and I am not alone.
I will also make sure that my family and friends do the same.
Enjoy your time in the political wilderness…I hope you learn from it.
- @Telstra Is there any way I can track my reported fault using the reference number? 2 years ago
- @Telstra I raised the CSG timeframes of 1-3 days for fault repair and they said it was a mass event and CSG times were not applicable 2 years ago
- @Telstra Would that classify as a mass event in that situation? I was told it affects a large number of people which is why it takes so long 2 years ago
- @Telstra yes. They gave me the timeframe. I'm interested in the scope of the affected area 2 years ago
- @Telstra there is a line fault that has disabled our phone. Supposedly widespread and not able to be fixed until 23rd 2 years ago
- @Telstra Can you provide any details on the line fault affecting parts of Keperra in QLD? 2 years ago
- @NatashaUmrigar @geeksrulz I think the MSM boosters that put him there are the only ones...plenty of colour no substance 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach Not "my people". .i never wanted the knob back. It was the jelly backs and wimps who did it 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach probably because he was a gutless narcissistic turd 2 years ago
- @Viscount_Mike @eatatjoe2 @RobOakeshott1 @godfreybrown00 The mirror tells no lies does it.... 2 years ago
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (7)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (7)
- August 2010 (9)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (16)
- May 2010 (16)
- 37,686 hits