MSM bottoms out
I know it’s been a loooong time between drinks, but my rage-o-meter has tripped off the scale this week and it’s either vent or explode, so without further ado…
This week has proven beyond a doubt to even the most insular of shut-ins that the political media in our country is shit, in fact beyond shit they are an industrial fertiliser plant of crapulence foisted on the public.
With their bull-headed insistence on propagating the AWU non-troversy tirelessly and mindless despite even a subtle hint of anything approaching evidence of wrongdoing, even the most rigidly one-sided partisans are saying “dude, you’ve got nothing”.
And their partners in crime the Coalition have only succeeded in showing how truly incompetent they are, with Julie Bishop sacrificing her own career to shield Abbott, and then culminating in the LNP being absent from Parliament for the passing of the NDIS legislation…a watershed moment for the Australian people. Instead they are scurrying around feverishly trying to shore up their lame-arse “scandal” as it unravels from beneath them.
Of course the Old Media are with them every step of the way, because to inject any reality into proceedings would show that they have bet all their money on the wrong horse…the nag that fell over out of the gate. They fail to realise that the public has long since woken up to that fact that they are pushing their own agenda and do not has the public’s interest in heart…you only have to recall the spectacular fail they manged over the misogyny speech.
Now a lot of people would come to the conclusion from this week’s goings on that all of the OM is in the pocket of the LNP and is merely their propaganda arm, but apart from News Limited I think this is probably off the mark.
I think it’s something a bit more callous and cynical than that. For the past 6 or 7 years the OM has reported on politics like they report on sport…there is always a winner or loser, emotive terms like “debacle” are thrown around willy-nilly regardless of how applicable they are, and even the most lopsided arguments are given some semblence of faux-balance to make it appear that things are closer than they are (no-one likes a walkover).
It has now gotten to the point where every single event in the political sphere is reported through the prism of sensationalism…the more hyped and emoted the better. When it comes to dry policy passing through the Parliament, it doesn’t have the “sexy” factor that appeals to the “punters” so it doesn’t get reported on…so instead we get reams of Gillard is dressed funny, she has a big arse, Rudd is on TV it must mean he wants the leadership etc. ad nauseum until it finally culminates in the shocking beat up of nothing we have seen this week.
All for money…which is the end result. They want sales/page hits to satisfy their advertisers and the truth can go and get stuffed until it becomes sexy…in the meantime “look over there, it’s a Ruddstoration”.
To mind the only thing we can do is to crack down on this shit in the media and borrow Canada’s truth in reporting law. After all, you don’t see Fox News in Canada do you? That can only be a good thing.
UPDATE: The Opposition’s week of #fail rounded itself off nicely yesterday when Tony Abbott accused the Prime Minister of criminal behaviour based solely on an inaccurate media report from Mark Baker. The report initially stated that the WA Registrar asked Julia Gillard for confirmation that the association “was not linked to a union”, when it actually asked if the association was a union. Of course it was not and the PM’s reply stated this very non-controversial fact, leaving the Coalition’s “smoking gun” as a vary damp squib. This left Abbott and Bishop with absolutely nothing to stand on…and in fact highlighted that Abbott is such a lazy prick that he can’t do his own research.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is almost exactly a re-run of UteGate with the LOTO making unfounded accusations of criminality against the PM with zero evidence. Following the precedents set earlier this should be the end of Abbott and Bishop well and truly…unless of course the Coalition are massive hypocrites and won’t uphold their own principles…….
- @Telstra Is there any way I can track my reported fault using the reference number? 2 years ago
- @Telstra I raised the CSG timeframes of 1-3 days for fault repair and they said it was a mass event and CSG times were not applicable 2 years ago
- @Telstra Would that classify as a mass event in that situation? I was told it affects a large number of people which is why it takes so long 2 years ago
- @Telstra yes. They gave me the timeframe. I'm interested in the scope of the affected area 2 years ago
- @Telstra there is a line fault that has disabled our phone. Supposedly widespread and not able to be fixed until 23rd 2 years ago
- @Telstra Can you provide any details on the line fault affecting parts of Keperra in QLD? 2 years ago
- @NatashaUmrigar @geeksrulz I think the MSM boosters that put him there are the only ones...plenty of colour no substance 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach Not "my people". .i never wanted the knob back. It was the jelly backs and wimps who did it 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach probably because he was a gutless narcissistic turd 2 years ago
- @Viscount_Mike @eatatjoe2 @RobOakeshott1 @godfreybrown00 The mirror tells no lies does it.... 2 years ago
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (7)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (7)
- August 2010 (9)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (16)
- May 2010 (16)
- 37,696 hits