The Queensland Chainsaw Massacre
You’ve got to say one thing about the LNP…they are remarkably consistent. As we’ve seen recently, it’s most consistent about putting ideology before good governing.
It pretty much started from the get-go, with the “jobs-for-the-boys” scenario of plum DG positions for LNP “luminaries” and continued with the “audit” of the financial situation. With Costello on board for that one you could almost guarantee that it would get the result they were after and lo and behold, the situation in Queensland was “catastrophic” with us going to be “$100 billion” in debt by the end of the decade. Of course in the fine print they said that this was if we got natural disasters every year and the Government didn’t do anything at all to correct the budget, but why let reality intrude on a big stick to beat the former government with.
One very under-reported section of this audit ties in with public service staffing, or over-staffing as the case may be. The report recommended a freeze on hiring and that natural attrition would do it’s part to resolve the issue.
Naturally Campbell decided this wouldn’t be good enough and decided that a scorched earth policy would be best and went about ripping the guts out of the public service. To date 7000 jobs have gone and today it was announced that a further 4000 would go from Qld Health…of course this would not affect “frontline services” in any way at all.
These morons in charge are either too stupid to realise that the fewer back of house staff available means their workload would need to be taken up by frontline staff leading to a reduction in the frontline services, or once again they don’t care and it’s all aboard the good ship Ideology.
Quite frankly they have stuffed themselves massively in a few months. By going on this massive rampage against the public service even the died in the wool conservative voter realises that there will be fewer people available to provide help. Couple this with the fact that the increased unemployment has flow-on effects to other areas particularly retail, and it doesn’t take a genius to realise that mass unemployment doesn’t solve any problems.
I’m sure they are hoping that they can do this early in the piece, then sweeten the pie with Howard-style vote buying in the year before the election and all will be right.
Hopefully the Qld people, in particular the public service employees in Ashgrove, will remember the contempt they have been treated with and cast their votes accordingly. We can also hope that they get rid of the idiots in charge of the public service union like Alex Scott who for some inexplicable reason thought that the LNP could be trusted to honour their promises. Anyone who has lived through Campbell’s reign at the BCC should have known better.
UPDATE: And it just keeps getting better. There are reports today that Campbell has decided to change the definition of “frontline”, meaning that up to 25000 extra public servants no longer meet that criteria. That’s just standard LNP…if you don’t like the result move the goalposts until it suits.
- @Telstra Is there any way I can track my reported fault using the reference number? 2 years ago
- @Telstra I raised the CSG timeframes of 1-3 days for fault repair and they said it was a mass event and CSG times were not applicable 2 years ago
- @Telstra Would that classify as a mass event in that situation? I was told it affects a large number of people which is why it takes so long 2 years ago
- @Telstra yes. They gave me the timeframe. I'm interested in the scope of the affected area 2 years ago
- @Telstra there is a line fault that has disabled our phone. Supposedly widespread and not able to be fixed until 23rd 2 years ago
- @Telstra Can you provide any details on the line fault affecting parts of Keperra in QLD? 2 years ago
- @NatashaUmrigar @geeksrulz I think the MSM boosters that put him there are the only ones...plenty of colour no substance 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach Not "my people". .i never wanted the knob back. It was the jelly backs and wimps who did it 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach probably because he was a gutless narcissistic turd 2 years ago
- @Viscount_Mike @eatatjoe2 @RobOakeshott1 @godfreybrown00 The mirror tells no lies does it.... 2 years ago
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (7)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (7)
- August 2010 (9)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (16)
- May 2010 (16)
- 37,696 hits