There’s now 3 things certain in life…death, taxes and a Ruddstoration beat-up.
In fact it’s now becoming scarily predictable when a Ruddstoration beat-up will waft out of the media orifices. As far as I can tell it’s based on the following factors:
- The LNP beat-up de jour is dying a painful death
- Tony Abbott is out of the country.
- The government is getting clear air/faint praise/no brickbats
- A Newspoll is due that week
- The Canberra press gallery are bored and have nothing to write about.
It wouldn’t surprise me if all of these stories are initiated by LNP staffers and fed to their public relations arm (the MSM) on a regular basis. After all they have nothing else to offer the country and certainly have no principles at all…at least none that don’t revolve around claiming power and feathering their own nests.
The fact is that Rudd is insanely unpopular, regardless of what the polls say. Breakdowns have repeatedly shown that his popularity figures have been gamed by LNP supporters…ALP supporters by and large don’t want a bar of him. The same applies to Turnbull’s popularity figures being gamed by ALP supporters…not that you’ll hear anything about anyone being more popular than the Mad Monk.
It boils down to a fundamental choice by the ALP…do you want to be seen as a party that wants to govern the country or a party that wants to win elections? The LNP are the latter type and you can see what contempt they hold the average Aussie in…all they are is walking votes. Have a look at the lived experience of LNP governments in Qld, NSW and Vic if you want to see what a country under Abbott will look like…sends shivers down your spine.
Australians love a fighter and have no time for softcocks. If the Government decides to switch leaders before the election they will be seen as being the ultimate softcocks bowing to the media and opinion polls. An election will be called straight away if the Indies don’t immediately switch sides and the ALP will be thoroughly smashed…you’re dreaming if you don’t think the LNP and media will wheel out all the old Rudd attacks again.
The ALP need to stay the course with Gillard and push back hard. Now is the time to get stuck in. Any time some media arse-clown throws specious bullshit at you return it back with a healthy serve of contempt and derision. Don’t award them the respect they don’t have…if the MSM is not playing fair don’t play their game. Get some decent media people on board and use the new media. Go for viral videos with a bit of punch…viral videos always get on the news. Above slap down all furphys the Opposition put out viciously and thoroughly.
The time to be fair and pleasant is over. It’s time to bring out the warrior. Bring on the scorched earth.
- @Telstra Is there any way I can track my reported fault using the reference number? 2 years ago
- @Telstra I raised the CSG timeframes of 1-3 days for fault repair and they said it was a mass event and CSG times were not applicable 2 years ago
- @Telstra Would that classify as a mass event in that situation? I was told it affects a large number of people which is why it takes so long 2 years ago
- @Telstra yes. They gave me the timeframe. I'm interested in the scope of the affected area 2 years ago
- @Telstra there is a line fault that has disabled our phone. Supposedly widespread and not able to be fixed until 23rd 2 years ago
- @Telstra Can you provide any details on the line fault affecting parts of Keperra in QLD? 2 years ago
- @NatashaUmrigar @geeksrulz I think the MSM boosters that put him there are the only ones...plenty of colour no substance 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach Not "my people". .i never wanted the knob back. It was the jelly backs and wimps who did it 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach probably because he was a gutless narcissistic turd 2 years ago
- @Viscount_Mike @eatatjoe2 @RobOakeshott1 @godfreybrown00 The mirror tells no lies does it.... 2 years ago
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (7)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (7)
- August 2010 (9)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (16)
- May 2010 (16)
- 37,696 hits