With the massive job losses in Fairfax and Limited News, along with the ongoing decay in standards it is now apparent that the journalistic profession in Australia is on it’s last legs.
The rationale behind the job cuts is simply bizarre, with management obviously hoping that they can continue to produce a “quality” product with far fewer resources…because that’s a realistic approach isn’t it. Before the job losses Fairfax and NEws Limited were competing in a race to the bottom, with the lowest common denominator the target audience of choice causing a death spiral of celebrity gossip and uninformed opinion supplanting news. In effect Fairfax and New Ltd have become the Today Tonight and ACA of print media…not something to aspire to really.
The final proof of their complete degradation was of course the response to the Craig Thomson saga. Instead of focussing on the facts of the “scandal” they instead persist in following their own narrative, reinforcing it whenever possible with the flimsiest of rationales and ignoring any evidence to the contrary.
It has taken an independent news site and an amateur blogger to shine the brightest light on this, bringing forth all of the evidence of Kathy Jackson’s hypocrisy and dodgy dealings in the HSU. Far from being the whistleblower poster child the MSM would like us to think she is, she is even more dodgy than Thomson is claimed to be with mounds of documentary evidence being provided to back up these claims…unlike the Thomson saga itself.
The work done by Peter Wicks on his own site and on the Independent Australia site on the Jacksonville saga is nothing short of classic journalism. It is everything the mainstream media should be and are obviously to ashamed of themselves to follow up on because it casts them in such a poor light.
I urge anyone who has not already done so to read the Jacksonville articles to get an understanding of the type of person Kathy Jackson really is and why it is looking increasingly likely that Thomson’s claims of being set up are not complete bullshit.
I reckon Wicks deserves a Walkley for his efforts.
One of the top headlines on this morning’s news was the “disturbing” image of some anti-Tony Abbott posters in Tanya Plibersek’s electoral office. This being one of them in fact:
With atypical po-faced seriousness, they proclaimed this and the other poster as “homophobic”, “racist”, and “sexist”. Not once did they mention that they are piss funny.
And not once did they seem to register how massively hypocritical this was, that the Opposition and their media enablers have been going nuts with character assassination on the ALP and yet some damn funny posters highlighting Abbott’s known foibles is cast as disgusting.
Quite frankly this is the jumping the shark moment for the ongoing media campaign against the Government. Any normal person will realise that these posters are quite funny and directly relate to Abbott’s stated opinions. This was obviously fed to the media by yet another LNP troll desperate to keep the negativity rolling after some positive (relatively) press for the ALP and highlights how seriously deranged they are becoming.
Never mind the facts that these posters have been floating around since before the 2010 election…they’re not exactly fresh news. Even though the website with the poster generator was set up by the ALP (and is now offline) I recall it had a huge number of contributions, not exactly surprising considering the target rich environment Tony Abbot is.
It’s pretty sad when the Aussie tradition of lampooning public figures is cast as malicious and tut-tutted by some media figures that take themselves way to seriously and never miss a chance to sink the boot into the Government.
- @Telstra Is there any way I can track my reported fault using the reference number? 2 years ago
- @Telstra I raised the CSG timeframes of 1-3 days for fault repair and they said it was a mass event and CSG times were not applicable 2 years ago
- @Telstra Would that classify as a mass event in that situation? I was told it affects a large number of people which is why it takes so long 2 years ago
- @Telstra yes. They gave me the timeframe. I'm interested in the scope of the affected area 2 years ago
- @Telstra there is a line fault that has disabled our phone. Supposedly widespread and not able to be fixed until 23rd 2 years ago
- @Telstra Can you provide any details on the line fault affecting parts of Keperra in QLD? 2 years ago
- @NatashaUmrigar @geeksrulz I think the MSM boosters that put him there are the only ones...plenty of colour no substance 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach Not "my people". .i never wanted the knob back. It was the jelly backs and wimps who did it 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach probably because he was a gutless narcissistic turd 2 years ago
- @Viscount_Mike @eatatjoe2 @RobOakeshott1 @godfreybrown00 The mirror tells no lies does it.... 2 years ago
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (7)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (7)
- August 2010 (9)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (16)
- May 2010 (16)
- 37,679 hits