Once again the new year rolls around and once again we have to suffer through the deluge of polls…with no let up in sight.
Despite the media’s best efforts at twisting the narrative, there appears to be a minor trend of rising support for the Government, but this far out from the election it really makes no difference whatsoever.
The big news is that despite absolutely no evidence to support it, all the headlines from the polls scream that Rudd is favoured over Gillard.
The news organisations should be immensely proud of themselves…this is an outstanding effort of the tail wagging the dog. The intense effort in the media beat-up about Rudd challenging for the leadership (well challenging any time over the past 6 months in fact) has borne fruit with the polling organisations now including this furphy in their questions and then the media whores recycling their own filth as apparent news, in one glorious vicious circle of lies and bullshit.
To me the pinnacle of the bullshit was this morning when the morning “news” shows trumpeted that “twice as many people preferred Rudd to Gillard”, when the percentages were 52/30…but then since when did mathematics get in the way of a good beat-up.
Ah well…back into the fray of grimacing through the bullshit that passes for news in this country in the vain hope of picking up some nuggets of fact through the dross of lies and bullshit, interspersed with plenty of “the Federal Opposition says”…
UPDATE: The Newspoll this morning reports the 2PP as unchanged 54-46. Naturally our reality-challenged media are all reporting this as “flatlining” support for the ALP. Of course as we all know 2 instances of the same results in a 2 days period means no increase in support…regardless of any underlying longer term trend.
If anyone was in any doubt about how ratshit our media really is, the performance over the past week should have eliminated all doubt. With almost no exception our media is scouring every news item for a way to spin it as either bad for the Government or good for the Opposition…witness the cherry-picking of facets of each poll to highlight perceived weaknesses for the Government. When the 2PP goes in favour of the ALP they highlight the primary, when the primary increase they highlight the PM support, when this improves they trot out the Rudd/Gillard comparison, which has been vastly inflated by LNP voters preferring Rudd without any hope in hell of them voting for him.
They are now all toeing the News Corp line and going stacks on the Government…with no exception. Wankers.
- @Telstra Is there any way I can track my reported fault using the reference number? 2 years ago
- @Telstra I raised the CSG timeframes of 1-3 days for fault repair and they said it was a mass event and CSG times were not applicable 2 years ago
- @Telstra Would that classify as a mass event in that situation? I was told it affects a large number of people which is why it takes so long 2 years ago
- @Telstra yes. They gave me the timeframe. I'm interested in the scope of the affected area 2 years ago
- @Telstra there is a line fault that has disabled our phone. Supposedly widespread and not able to be fixed until 23rd 2 years ago
- @Telstra Can you provide any details on the line fault affecting parts of Keperra in QLD? 2 years ago
- @NatashaUmrigar @geeksrulz I think the MSM boosters that put him there are the only ones...plenty of colour no substance 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach Not "my people". .i never wanted the knob back. It was the jelly backs and wimps who did it 2 years ago
- @rht2bheard @QandA @Doclach probably because he was a gutless narcissistic turd 2 years ago
- @Viscount_Mike @eatatjoe2 @RobOakeshott1 @godfreybrown00 The mirror tells no lies does it.... 2 years ago
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (7)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (7)
- August 2010 (9)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (16)
- May 2010 (16)
- 37,686 hits