It’s bottom of the barrel time
It’s becoming readily apparent just how desperate the Opposition is getting in their efforts to topple the Government.
Before we go into the details of their effort in subverting democracy in this country, let’s have a quick look at the beat-up checklist:
- Is it leading up to a Newspoll week?…..check.
- Did the Opposition have a bad week?….check.
- Did the Government have a good week?…check.
- Was Tony Abbott shown up to be a hypocritical arseclown?…check.
So having met all the criteria it’s full steam ahead for yet another beat-up over something trivial to attempt to derail the Government.
So what rabbit do they pull out of a hat? Nothing less than a 15 year old corruption slur against the PM, which was disproved at the time and has done so every time they wheeled it out for another airing. Of course, the talking heads are treating this like earth shattering new revelations but it has been raised at least once before and shot down rapidly. When it was raised yesterday by the paragon of relevance Paul Kelly *snigger* the PM basically said put up or shut up…as in send the allegation on to the relevant people or STFU. Didn’t that get the pantswetters all excited.
The was no other luminary than that bastion of fairness Graham Richardson (sarcasm alert) spruiking that the PM handled it poorly and she is in “big trouble with caucus” before once more floating out a hint of Ruddstoration. In short he pretty much hit all the beat-up memes quite thoroughly, with no regard for the reality of the world that we live in.
And the crapulence cherry on the top of shithouse journalism in this country? Some faux-concern that the PM was being disrespectful by wearing a bronze medal in a photo that she was obviously given by an Olympian.
Seriously, it boggles the mind that the
LNP PR wing mainstream media in this country can be this shit and still take itself seriously as a necessary part of our democracy.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- .@BernardKeane Surely it's only half, right? 1 week ago
- . @BernardKeane If someone knows all about derp it has to be Hockey 1 week ago
- .@PSyvret @JimMcD0nald And yet will the press gallery make that known...like hell they will. Can't make the Noalition look bad 1 week ago
- . @MigloMT That's your first mistake. It's like asking someone to punch you in the face repeatedly...or try to debate facts with a rightard 2 weeks ago
- . @TurnbullMalcolm @ABCtech Still not as good as fibre #nbn 2 weeks ago
- .@Pollytics we've got shepherd/staff and ridgeback/staff crosses. Got staffy playfulness and shepherd has their smarts. Good value 2 weeks ago
- @renailemay @TurnbullMalcolm Only when his bullshit and lies deserve it. 2 weeks ago
- Thank god...stupid CanDo stuffed it with his idealogical agenda. RT @AnnastaciaMP Labor will restore the Labour Day holiday back to May 2 weeks ago
- @BernardKeane Yes I would be interested in subscribing to your pamphlet. Please, tell me more. 3 weeks ago
- @geeksrulz @chriskkenny I know...he's so clueless that the comedy just writes itself. Partisan hacks have no sense of humour 3 weeks ago
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (7)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (7)
- August 2010 (9)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (16)
- May 2010 (16)
- 34,233 hits